20 reasons to book with The Wed and Bed Milestone Event Planning on LBI, NJ and have a firehouse wedding reception.
1.You will celebrate one of the most important days of your life with the people who matter most to you. But you want a big wedding with a small price tag. Wedding on the beach, reception at the Firehouse will save you a lot of $.
2.You will feel more relaxed. Being surrounded by friends and family and you will feel more at home with your guests. Your wedding will feel more like a celebration with close-knit friends and family, than a production.
3.You will save money. You can save thousands of dollars by having a firehouse wedding, which means you don’t have to go over budget. For many couples, this is the primary reason for scaling back the guest list.
4.You can splurge. Some couples choose a small guest list so they can pull out all the stops and have a truly lavish wedding. When you’ve got fewer guests, you can splurge on the things that really matter to you. For some that might be a five-course gourmet meal with late night food trucks, for others it might be a swanky jazz band, rock band or a designer wedding gown.
5.You can get creative with your venue options. A smaller guest list means more creative wedding options like having the Plan B rainout at our local museum instead of firehouse.
6. You can customize your day. A small wedding gives you the chance to get your creative juices flowing and make your unique wedding a reflection of you both.
7. You get to spend time with your guests. How many weddings have made you feel like a stranger fulfilling a social obligation? Small weddings aren’t like that. When the guest list is small, the bride and groom can spend time with each of their guests, making them feel welcome.
8. Your guests will feel more relaxed. Because you will be able to spend at least some time with your guests, they will feel more at home at your wedding. Also, when the guest list is small, guests will have a better opportunity to mingle with others. In fact, there’s a good chance that many of your guests will know one another.
9. DIY projects are more manageable. It’s a lot easier pulling off a DIY wedding with a guest list under 75, than a big scale production. Thirty handmade chocolate hearts are a lot easier than 200!
10. Your wedding will leave an impression. Because your wedding won’t be typical – the kind your guests have been to again and again – your wedding is more likely to be remembered.
11. You can work with a shorter time-line. With fewer people and details to fulfill, you’ll have the option to cut down your time-line. Want to be married by this time three months from now? A small guest list makes this possible.
12. You will spare feelings. With a small wedding, you have an easy out to tell people who aren’t invited. If you’re having a large gathering, it gets a little harder to tell them why they didn’t make the cut.
13. You can have an awesome honeymoon. During the planning process to, at some point, want to speed up to the honeymoon. Have the getaway you pictured in your mind with more money saved and less worry on your brow while you enjoy the time away.
14. A destination wedding to LBI is easier with a smaller guest list. Asking 150+ people to travel far away is a bit trickier.
15. You can steal some time with your spouse on your Big Day. Stop. Soak it in while in our hot tub. It’s not something many couples get to do on their wedding day because of stress, obligatory conversations and details they have to manage and take care off. Take a moment to enjoy each other on your wedding day, because that’s what it’s all about, right?
16. You have to make small talk with acquaintances. You don’t care to meet up with that one friend you had from way back when (even though she is on your Facebook friends list) – especially on your wedding day. Your second cousin that you haven’t seen in ten years? Not interested. And what about that handful of co-workers who you merely tolerate? With a small wedding, there is no pressure to include them.
17. Your photographer will love you. Most photographers LOVE shooting intimate weddings. Photographers can focus on getting great shots, instead of herding guests into group photos.
18. It’s easier to be eco-friendly. There is an exceptional amount of waste that is involved with weddings. With less people, you’ll have less paper to send out (saving you from writer’s cramp in the thank-you note arena as well), less food, less trinket favors and less waste all around.
19. You can cut loose. With your friends and family in a comfortable setting, you’ll feel free to dance, play music you like and celebrate like you just got married. You won’t have to be on a tight time schedule, jumping through hoops for the photographer, cake cutter, and the rest of the hoopla. Take time to smell the ocean 😊.
20. Remember it’s a wedding, not a reunion. There’s no need to pay $100 per head for dinner to rekindle old friendships. It may seem like a good idea when you’re planning, but when you’re sharing your first kiss as a married couple and Nancy – Nosey Body stares at you with that I’m-totally-Instagramming-this smile, you’ll wish you had chosen closer friends and family to share your day.
Let us get you and your wedding family or party booked with us at The Wed and Bed and let us put together your Wedding timeline, whether it is a day, weekend or a minimoon combo week.